OIL TANK REMOVAL
There are several reasons why you would want to remove your underground storage tank:
- If you’re selling your home, buyers are apprehensive to purchase a home with a buried underground oil storage tank
- If you’re converting from oil to gas
- If you’re installing an above-ground fuel oil tank for your home heating needs
Having your oil tank removed and inspected will eliminate any problems you could potentially encounter if your tank remained on your property. Removing your underground storage tank will satisfy the most stringent of home inspections by future homebuyers.
If you choose to have a tank removed… count on BTS for all your oil tank solutions!
- Prepare all necessary documents for the permit & hand deliver
- Obtain mark outs from utility companies
- Excavate the area to expose the tank
- Cut open the UST, remove the contents, and clean the tank
- Remove the tank and inspect for holes or any signs of corrosion
- Fill cavity (grave) with certified clean fill
If the tank fails inspection, and/or soil is contaminated, remediation may be required.
For more information on an oil tank removal in NJ please refer to the Underground Oil Tank Removal FAQ’s page.